Thursday, September 29, 2011

OHIO

I fail at blogging. I knew I would. I fail at writing in my journal so of course, failing at writing a blog would happen as well.

In my last post (about 5 months ago!) I said that I would be spending my summer in Ohio. WELL.... It was amazing.  One of the best summers of my life.  For about 4 months I lived in Dublin, Ohio (20 miles from Columbus) I lived with Ty and Megan (my brother and sister) and their two kids Scott and Ben.  I was an OA (office assistant) for AMP security. It was a new experience, and so much fun.  I experienced so many new and exciting things and met some amazing people.

 Living with Ty, Meg and the boys was one of the greatest parts of my summer.
Meg and Ty during a Sunday trip to Chillicothe
I have some amazing nieces and nephews.  Brooke, Jack, Scott, Ben and Kate can make me smile and laugh at even my hardest times.  They all make me so happy.  SO living with 2 out of 5 of my little cuties, was definitely a benefit in my life.  They are so sweet and pure.  I love their young curiosity.  I am so happy I had the chance to bond with Scott and Ben this summer. I loved the times I found myself sitting on the couch snuggling with both of them.  These boys were always there for me.  This summer had some intense, crazy moments.  But with a flash of their sparkling smiles we knew everything would be okay. They will forever be my little Ninja and Party Rockers.

I am equally happy for the opportunity to live with Meg and Ty! When Megan and I lived together before it was "awkward" (according to my mom ;)..)  because of the age difference.  Well, I wouldn't really call it awkward, but we weren't able to connect on a deep level.  We are 12 years apart and while she was the best sister, that's all she really was back then. It was fun to be able to live together again. AND this time she wasn't only the best sister, but she was the best friend.  She still is the best friend.  Ty and Megan have truly become my best friends.  I miss them so much.  It is difficult to be here in Cedar City, and have them in Orem.  When I do go home they are the first people I want to hang out with.  Its always the best just relaxing, watching some tv, laughing and joking and drinking Diet Dr. Pepper (and occasionally the goldon liquid. aka Diet Mt. Dew).


Jamie and I on High street
Another important person in my Ohio-summer life was Jamie!  She was the Inventory OA.  We instantly became best friends! She is hilarious.  I love her so much.  She made such an amazing impact in my life.  I love all the times we spent at the mall, watching glee, riding our bikes, acting crazy, eating, hanging out in the office, relaxing by the pool etc.  I also love our trips to Blacklick, OH where we would listen to some music and talk about life.  Jamie taught me how to be a little more fearless.  She definitely doesn't back down from what she believes is right.  She is passionate, beautiful and brave. I am so greatful for her.  She is a real, genuine friend and her friendship means the world to me.
I'm also greatful I was able to meet Jeremy and Ian.  They are the funniest boys I know.  There is never a dull moment. Never a time where I DON'T laugh.  Definitely had some good times.

Some of my greatest memories:
-Cedar Point. in Sundusky, Oh with Jamie and her cousin Nick
-The Reds game in Cincinnati, Oh with Jamie, Andrew, Scott, and Blake (techs)
-Jeni's Ice Cream, Chipotle, Firehouse Subs, Stake n Shake nights, mejier, buckeye doughnuts
-Bike rides around Dublin
-Geoff (brother) coming to visit
-OSU
-Walking High St. at night.
-The malls: Polaris and Tuttle Crossing
-Racing a frog
-The gigantic fake field of corn
-Meeting "Orlando Bloom" ;)
-Jamie's "you worry about me" voice.
-Taking down the office/ water fight
-Tornados
-Midnight Denny's trip (20 miles away)
-paperwork, equipment, iPhones, techs, reps etc.
-The "Lingo":  L3000/5000, Vistas, Schedule Outs, Smokes etc.
-Living by the Wendy's Headquarters
-Fireflies
-HUGE thunderstorms

Ohio was a great experience. I am so greatful for everything I went through, for all the good times, and all the amazing people I met!






No comments:

Post a Comment